The PML diet plan is a modified version of the Original Leadbeater’s mixture, an Australian diet that was fed to the first successfully captive bred gliders. The creator of this diet became the first to advise owners to first speak with their Veterinarian before choosing a diet which was how HPW was formulated. This diet recipe is only 50% of the PML diet plan, the other 50% never accompanied the diet recipe in publication so many people opted for the PML modified diet known as HPW, that diet plan was made very clear. With the additional 50% protein, fruits, and vegetables are reported to go along with the PML recipe which would offer great variety for enrichment.
|1 3/4 Cups||Water|
|1 3/4 Cups||Honey|
|2||Eggs (Hard-boiled / Shelled)|
|30 grams||Wombaroo High Portein Supplement|
- I prefer to use bottled water.
- I use a few different types including Australian types, if using Australian honey I lesson the amount to 1 & 1/2 cup.
- Eggland’s-best organic brown eggs preferred.
- I change WHPS amount seasonally, but you do not need to.
(All instructions were taken directly off the creator’s website, these are her words.)
- Place water into microwave safe bowl & heat for 2 minutes.
- Then stir honey into warm water until honey is dissolved.
- Place water/honey & eggs, into blender/food processor. (I use an oster in2itive) mix for 1 minute.
- Add 1 ounce (30 grams) of Wombaroo high protein supplement & blend for additional 1 min.
- Pour into freezer safe bowl with lid & freeze, I dish out approximately 1 & 1/2 to 2 tablespoons for two gliders.
(Do not add honey & Wombaroo to hot water, as it can effect the vitamins in WHPS.)
If mixed fresh in refrigerator will only last 4 days!
Feed Nightly Per Glider
Feed approximately 1.5 – 2 Tablespoons of mixture for a pair of gliders. 50% of diet should be the PML Mix.
The other 40% of the diet is; 1-2 Tablespoons of fruits / vegetables per glider and any of the following additional protein sources:
1 Tablespoon of Zookeeper’s Secret or Insectivore-Fare, Chicken, Egg, Yogurt or another protein source.
Finally, 10% for treat foods such as acacia gum, xanthan gum, pollens, etc.